JACO Limousine & Transportation
Only Applicants with resumes will be considered
Position: Accounting Specialist – Full-time
Company: JACO Limousine & Transportation
Company website: jacolimo.com
Start date: February 2019
Office reporting to: 1875 Petersburg Road, Hebron, KY 41048 OR 1325 S Hurstbourne Louisville, KY 40222 OR Lexington KY office
Point of contact: Nick Lopez, Vice President of Operations, 502-213-0076 / Point of contact email: email@example.com
- $30,000-$40,000/year PLUS achievement bonuses
- Medical Insurance benefits are available
- Company issued equipment including iPad, Macbook/HP laptop and other job related equipment.
Sedans | SUV’s | Vans | Limousines | Buses | Motor Coaches
Offices in Louisville, KY | Lexington, KY | Cincinnati, OH (Hebron, KY) | Knoxville, TN
In an unique manner for our industry, JACO Limousine has quickly and impressively seized control of multiple markets with the most upscale and scrutinizing clients. We are experience and achievement driven. We have successfully facilitated major and special events including President Donald Trump’s Motorcade (Lexington, KY November 2018), Breeders’ Cup (Official Transportation Provider for Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY November 2018), Muhammad Ali’s Funeral (Responsible for entire family for the week, Louisville, KY June 2018) and too many private events to mention. We consistently provide our services for Kentucky Derby, Breeders’ Cup, Indianapolis 500, Country Music Awards Red Carpet, Super Bowl and more along with airport related transportation, bourbon tours, corporate events, weddings +++.
We are recruiting and developing multiple people in accounting, sales, reservations, and training positions. We offer chauffeured service with sedans, SUV’s, Limousines, Vans, Buses and Motor Coaches while facilitating the most exciting events and moves imaginable.
We provide transportation related services to retail (private), corporate and affiliate clients locally, nationally and internationally.
JACO is an active member of the 3 major industry associations: National Limousine Association, American Bus Association, United Motorcoach Association as well as numerous Chambers of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureaus. We have been nominated for consideration of the prestigious “Limousine, Charter & Tour NATIONAL OPERATOR OF THE YEAR” for the 11-30 vehicle category, 3 years in a row. We have since outgrown that category, operating more than 40 vehicles across markets of Louisville, KY/ Cincinnati, OH/ Knoxville,TN and recently added Lexington, KY. JACO’s fleet will likely increase to greater than 50 vehicles before the start of the 2nd quarter of year 2019. JACO buys new vehicles, with our vehicles ranging from the luxurious Cadillac XTS sedans to the ultra premium luxury Prevost Motor Coaches- the BEST in the industry!
JACO Limousine is a lean operation with growth opportunity that has been successful at recruiting and developing personnel without industry experience.
We are identifying savvy, level-headed people who aren’t afraid to jump in and make things happen. Our accounting specialist must always demonstrate high levels of accountability, accuracy, commitment and passion for excellence.
JACO Limousine has markets in multiple cities and our accounting specialist can report to any including our Louisville, KY/ Cincinnati, OH (Hebron, Kentucky beside the Cincinnati Airport) or our recently added Lexington, KY offices.
Monday through Friday – 8:00am-5:00pm or 9:00-6:00pm
In some occasions it may be necessary for our accounting specialist to provide support on weekends or outside of office hours depending on demand.
Our accounting specialist reports directly to Nick Lopez, Vice President of Operations and President, Todd Roberts. We will be hiring additional accounting support personnel in the future and we would like to groom this hire into a leadership position for our accounting team.
Increase efficiency and scale systems to reduce AP and Payroll spend while increasing AR profitability.
We have the equipment, the infrastructure and the clients. We need an take-charge accounting specialist who can take leadership directives, identify and present improved procedures, is a strong communicator and can make things happen.
JACO has an outside accounting firm that handles taxes and general consultation. This accounting specialist will coordinate with JACO management and our accounting firm to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the following points of interest.
Our Accounting Specialist will facilitate growth by:
- Developing new accounting related procedures that reduce costs, improve profitability and/or streamline processes and improve efficiency
- Providing general support as needed, including supporting the reservations and sales teams
- Being available for Phone Calls/Texts on cell phone/desk phone with all calls answered and emails answers promptly
- Managing accounting email inbox
- Reviewing our reservations email inbox
- Representing JACO Limousine & Transportation well in networking related environments
- Accurate and timely billing/collections
- Accurate AP processing
- Posting checks and cash to reservation system and quickbooks
- Depositing cash
- Supplying vendors, clients with requested accounting related documentation on as-needed basis
- Bi-weekly ADP payroll submission
- Reviewing recurring charge accounts quarterly with management to eo ensure no waste/excess spend
- Preparing and submit insurance and tax related reports quarterly and yearly including IFTA (fuel tax)
- Calling clients as needed and request/track documentation including credit card authorizations
- Managing check inventory
- Managing credit card balances
- Auditing individual employee trip sheet submissions for inaccuracies by comparing to GPS reports, fuel card spend
- Preparing employee trip and payroll sheet submissions to present findings of accuracy or inaccuracy for management review.
- Coaching employees on as-needed basis for accuracy of their submissions
- Monitoring credit card accounts to ensure all cards have adequate amounts of credit
- Reviewing credit card spend reports and present to management on monthly basis
- Auditing records for internal or external misuse or fraud
- Representing yourself, our company, our city’s of service favorably on social media (we are in a prominent social media space with clients, partners, employees aware of social media).
All JACO Limousine operational employees will have the opportunity to attend industry conventions, events, site visits and partners across the country in markets including Miami, Dallas, LA, Boston, Nashville, Indianapolis, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philadelphia and New York just to name a few.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- General Database abilities
- Strong references from at least 5 total people including: professors, former managers, family
- Drug/Alcohol/Smoke-free workplace/industry
- Employment credit check
- Background screen
- DOT physical (in the event of driving vehicles)
- Accounting, management or finance specific degree
- Quickbooks Experience
- Accounting specific work experience (AP, AR etc)
- Experience in management or leadership
- VOIP phone system experience
- Apple iPad, iPhone, Mac experience
- GPS experience
- General reservations system familiarity
JACO Limousine is ready to make this hire in February of 2019
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and responses to the following questions:
- What do you find may be exciting about a career with JACO Limousine?
- What strengths or abilities would you like to show with JACO Limousine that you have not been able to demonstrate in prior positions?
- What achievement(s) in your career, education or personal life would you highlight to help us to get to know you better?